Do you intend to use your Instagram for business? Are you wondering if Instagram profile for business suits your needs? Well, worry not as this module will discuss the basic steps in setting up your Instagram account.
It is the important module because if you don’t do this stuff you won’t have necessary foundation to grow your account rapidly. In this module, we are going to have compelling bio, goal for your account and setting the foundation and necessary things that are required to dominate your Instagram account.
Learning how to set up Instagram profile for Business is quite easy, especially if you are already using Facebook. From a business point of view, using Instagram is simpler and less time consuming compared to other sites. This is because you can use visual micro-stories to discover what entertains your audience as you grow a following.
How To Set-Up Instagram Account
Follow the following steps to set up an Instagram account.
1. Download the Instagram app in the app store
If you have never used Instagram, begin by downloading the app. The Instagram app is available for smartphones, computers and tablets through their respective stores.
2. Create an account
Launch the app and create an account in one of the following ways.
- First option: sign up with your email address or phone number, then enter a username.
- Second option: use your Facebook account to log in with the same information. This links the two accounts.
By default, your account will begin as a personal profile. To use it for business, you will have to connect the account to a Facebook business page. To do this, open the settings menu at the top right corner of the page. Scroll down until you see “switch to business profile.” Click through the guides until the settings are done. Instagram will then ask for permission to manage your Facebook pages.
3. Complete profile setup
To finish the profile, you need to enter an email, phone number and the address for your business. You will need to fill at least one of these contact fields to proceed. However, some information will be automatically filled if they already appear in your Facebook page.
Click “Done” and go to the profile. You will notice a new graph icon on the top the Instagram app, which is the insights page. This will keep track of your promotions and engagement statistics.
4. Edit your profile
To edit your profile, go back to the profile page and click on “edit your profile.” Here, you can add some photos, bio and a website link if you have one. If you switched from a personal account, you should consider changing the page photo, name and username to your business’s name. Use a familiar logo and the nosiness name to make it easy for your customers to find you.
How to Choose Your Username
While in the process of setting up your account, how do you get to choose your username? Similarly, how do you rank for some key search terms that might bring you lots of followers?
Your name and username are perhaps the most important components of an Instagram profile for business. This is because they are the only searchable criteria in your profile.
- You will need to have solid username because it needs to be memorable.
- You need to brand your images. Every single image posted should be branded.
- It is very important to have a consistent username even on other social media account like Facebook and Twitter.
Instagram usernames are limited to 30 characters, which should contain only letters, periods, numbers and underscores. You can’t include symbols or other punctuation marks in the username. Therefore, you should choose a username that is easily recognizable and distinguishes what you do.
During this process, you are prompted to select your username from samples provided by the app. If the username you selected is available, a check mark appears. However, if someone has already used that username, an X appears in the username field. You can keep selecting alternatives until you find one that is available.
How to Craft A Compelling Bio
Coming up with the right Instagram bio seems like a straightforward task. However, it requires some deep thought. To begin with, bio is the most important piece on your Instagram account.
You need to be fully utilizing your bio because if you want to get more traffic, leads and sales, this is the only place that people click on probably because it is the only one clickable link on your Instagram page. For the Bio, Instagram allows up to 150 character-limit.
- It is highly recommended that whatever link you are using should be custom-bit link and not a spammy looking bitly link. (Bitly is a tool that allows to shorten the link).
- Make it line up really nicely, you need to write your bio in a notepad and copy paste it from your notepad to avoid problems in spacing.
- If you are selling some sort of products, it is important to say that you are doing “worldwide shipping” on your bio and make sure you have the benefits in there.
A good Instagram bio should accomplish several goals at the same time. The information includes conveying what your business does and how customers should find you. Similarly, the bio should showcase the company’s personality and prompt potential customers to take action.
Instagram Account security Check
Ascertaining that your account is safe should be among your key priorities. Outlined below are some of the Instagram safety tips.
- Turn on the two-factor authentication for enhanced account security.
- Make sure that you have your phone number so you can recover your account if you lose it.
- Make sure to use an email that people really don’t know about.
- Never advertise your email account anywhere at all.
- Use a strong password. Use a combination of numbers, letters and punctuation marks to make it extra different from others you use elsewhere on the internet.
- Change your password regularly. This is especially if you find a message from Instagram asking you to consider doing so.
- Never give out your password to someone you don’t trust or know well.
- Make sure to link your Instagram account to your Facebook because if you ever do lost the account you can reclaim it using your Facebook account.
- Think before authorizing any third-party applications.
Setting Up and Tracking Your Bio Link
It is possible to set up and track your bio link with bitly or pretty link. It is very important that you are tracking the performance of your bio link because you can’t manage what you can’t measure. Make sure that your link doesn’t look spammy because you just wouldn’t trust it. You should make your link nicely and clean looking or non-spammy looking.
It is important to track the bio link to know how many clicks you are getting, know how effective your bio is and that you have a nice looking link that you give yourself and your page the best possible opportunity for people to click on it. So it is every essential to create a compelling landing page if you want to get more leads for your business or generate direct sales.
Having said that, how can you make it short and create a nice looking link that is clickable and can be tracked?
1. You can use the WordPress plugin “Pretty Link” and highly recommend it because you don’t have to use it for only just Instagram you can use it for all sorts of things.
How to create a pretty link?
- Install the WordPress plugin ‘pretty link’
- Add the pretty link
- Put in the target URL
- Put in what the link is going to be
- After you finish just click create.
2. You can also use the bitly.
- Just copy and paste your URL and that will shorten the link. You can also customize the link.
- You can click on the “stats” and you can see all your links and where they coming from.
The Top 10 Influencers in your Niche
After creating your business account, you’d certainly love to work with influencers in your Niche. You surely want to see if influencer marketing will benefit your brand. However, there are two challenges. First, you could have a “shoestring” budget. Secondly, you have no clue where to start looking for Instagram influencers.
You need to be networking with them and eventually want to get them to share you content. This is perhaps how you become the market leader and in the niche. Below are some of the tips for finding Instagram influencers.
Search on Instagram for free
This is one of the least expensive but most-time consuming way of finding influencers. Besides, this is a social platform with millions of users. The tricky challenge is sorting through the millions of users to get an influencer that impacts your brand positively. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to separate potential influencers from the other pack. Below are the steps.
- Check out your brand’s followers – users who follow your brand will likely have some interest in it. Browse through your followers list and see if anyone has particularly invested in the brand.
- Search hashtags or use the Instagram discover tool – if the first step doesn’t turn result in promising influencers, it is time to try something deeper. In this case, tap the “Search button” and search for hashtags, location or people relevant to your brand.
- Make a list of potential influencers – having accomplished the steps above, make a list of influencers you have found. This should include their Instagram handles and other details available in their profiles. Some influencers may have email addresses and contact information in their bios.
Browse Influencer Network
Whereas searching the Instagram can give you a long list of potential influencers you can partner with, this doesn’t necessarily indicate who is actually an influencer or is looking for partnership. This is where browsing an influencer network comes in handy.
Influencer marketing networks and software are available in various range of editions with various features. Some software have free versions but have limited set of features. Nonetheless, the versions can aid you find influencers who can potentially be interested in working with your brand.
Make contact with potential influencers
Having found the list of your potential influencers, it is time to make contact, to determine if they are a great match for your brand. Establishing contact and getting a response could be the challenging part of this.
Therefore, you should be professional as much as possible when making contact. Give the potential contact as much information as possible about your brand, clearly outlining your offer and idea. Make it clear on the message if you also have a limited budget. Don’t be surprised if some don’t respond to your inquiries.
Types of Instagram Accounts
It is important to have a consistent theme throughout your account so when someone comes to your account, they will know exactly what your account is all about.
- Business account
Instagram profile for business accounts are accounts that are recognized as a business on Instagram. The account’s bio outlines clear marketing goals and other details of the business being conducted by the account owner.
- Personal account
As the name suggests, this is an account that any individual can own. It contains details of an individual and can be used by the user for formal and informal interaction in the platform.
- Fan page account
Similarly, this is an Instagram account for fans of a given product. A good example are the many Instagram accounts for celebrities and other famous persons. Followers of such accounts are basically fans of the individual.
Always remember that different types of accounts have different purpose. For instance, fan page Instagram account has different purposes as opposed to business or personal accounts. When deciding on what type of account to open, weigh your options; Fan page, personal page or business. Be very specific and clear on the kind of Instagram page that you are creating.
Leave a Reply